Thursday, April 25, 2013

A plan foiled...happily


Talking to friends about the Holy Spirit while reading a book about transforming my mind while my Pastor is taking us through a study on the Holy Spirit on Sundays.

Think I'm supposed to learn something here? When God wants to make His point known, he repeats himself. It is shown all in the Bible...ok, I'm listening. I'm learning.

Two weeks ago my Pastor showed us that listening to the Holy Spirit should be an ongoing, day by day, minute by minute communion with the Spirit. The book I'm reading calls it the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit. My Pastor said that we need to listen to what the Holy Spirit is telling us to do no matter how small it is.

Last night I had just settled Ryot in bed and went back downstairs. Feeling slightly like death while coughing and sneezing, I sat down on the couch to relax a little and maybe watch a movie.

Out of nowhere, I hear this:

Proverbs 31:10
An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
 
But I really want to lay here.
I'm so tired.
 
Proverbs 31:15
She rises while it is yet night
and provides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.
 
But I really want to watch this movie.
I don't feel well.
 
Proverbs 31:27
She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 
Ok, I'm now up and cleaning my kitchen.
I load the dishwasher and smile as I think about Ryot helping me with the dishes. Love that little girl and her servant's heart!
 
I wipe my counters and see the medicine that spilled on the counter from earlier causing me to pray for my sweet Ryot to feel better. I feel accomplished as my countertops are clean. I feel proud that I am creating a clutter free environment for Ryot and myself. I feel proud that I am making this crazy life on my own as a single parent. I feel so thankful for where God has brought me from helpless to hopeful.
 
As I head upstairs, I'm so thankful for the toys that I have to step over.
I walk up the stairs and see my sweet angel sleeping in her bed. I of course have to go kiss her cheek, whisper I love her and say a prayer for her health, safety and that she would know the love that her heavenly Father has. I take a shower and as I lay in bed I am so proud of the little home that I have been blessed to be slowly crafting with God's help and direction.
 
And my grand plan was to lay on the couch and sleepily stare at a tv screen.
 
God's plans are always better than mine.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment