Thursday, February 21, 2013

It just feels good.

I've lost 14 pounds since January 5th. I finally decided I was unhappy with what I had to look at and I changed it. I will continue to lose weight and gain more confidence.

My apartment is, for the most part, clean. I have a couple more boxes to unpack, but it actually looks like a home. Now I just need to get pictures on the wall and the rest of my furniture in place.

I'm not sad anymore. And I'm not sad anymore because I decided not to be.

I finally decided that I didn't want to live in the "lazy", in the "unkempt" and in the "sad" anymore. I finally realized that by not doing what I am supposed to do, I was actually creating more stress. Coming home and being too "tired" to clean and put boxes away was actually creating an environment making me more tired and stressed out. However, I can now come home to a clean stress-free environment with a huge sigh of relief instead of the sigh of overwhelming "to-do's" in my face.

It feels great. Kinda like the feeling after a new hair cut or when I finally accomplish a goal I have been desperately striving for. Kinda like a breath of fresh air after stepping off of an airplane or taking a huge gulp of water after a good workout.

It just feels good. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment