Wednesday, September 17, 2014

That's worth smiling about

I hear you saying
You don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me 
and let those things go
'Cause they can wait another minute
Wait, this moment is too sweet
Would you please stay here with me 
And love on me a little longer


Just letting these words resonate deep in my soul this evening. Sometimes it's hard to understand that the perfect, wonderful, all-powerful, all-knowing God wants to just sit with me and love on me. I know full well all my sins, my attitude problems, my over-analytical mistrust, my independence, my self-satisfying drive, my quirks.  His love is magnified an incalculable amount compared to my love for anything else. That is the good stuff. The meat and potatoes. The brightest color. The most valuable treasure.

I don't have to measure up to whatever scale that society or I have created for myself.
I don't have to do a thing.
That is a beautiful thing worth smiling about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment