Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let your light shine


Driving to work this morning, I made my last turn toward the office.
BAM.
Sun so bright in my face that I could barely see the road.
Then I hear KSBJ on the radio singing, "Let your light shine, let your light shine".

How can my light shine if I don't have light pouring into me?

I didn't grab my sunglasses because it was so clear a picture of Christ shining on me that I didn't dare dim it. In Gary Chapman's book The 5 Love Languages, I am pinned with the love language of physical touch. Gary says that your 'love tank' is most quickly filled when you receive the love in your specific love language. Well, this was definitely one of those moments that filled my love tank.

Thank you Jesus for creating me, knowing me inside and out and completely fulfilling all my needs.

1 comment: