Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm not a painter.

I bought a canvas.
I bought some brushes.
I bought some acrylic paint.
That's all it takes right?
That's all is takes to be a painter?
Just the mere fact that I had all the supplies made me a painter?
Yes.
But what I painted was no masterpiece.
It was a complete failure.

You see, I didn't start painting because I really wanted to paint.
I didn't paint because I had inspiration.
I didn't paint because I wanted to create a masterpiece.
I painted because I didn't want to spend as much money on a nicer painting.
I didn't mix colors to try to get the perfect shade.
I mixed yellow and red to get orange so that I didn't have to buy orange.

I'm not a painter with creative taste. I'm just cheap. That kinda makes me sad.

But I have to be ok with not being good at everything that I try to do.
You should, however be proud of me. I really did think I could create a masterpiece.
So I will not rejoice in the fact that I failed this painting, but for the first time - I think in my entire life - I tried to do something without even a second thought that I wouldn't be able to master it. It didn't even cross my mind that it wasn't going to turn out like I had planned.

Even if I didn't accomplish my feat, there was confidence paired with an attempt.

For those that know me, that is something worth smiling about.

No comments:

Post a Comment